Here's a bit of a fun, the top 25 quotes we could find to prove our theory that footballers do not make good mathematicians...
1. "I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable." - Paul Gascoigne
2. "We must have had 99 per cent of the match. It was the other three per cent that cost us." - Ruud Gullit
3. "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7." - David Beckham
4. "...but Arsenal are quick to credit Bergkamp with laying on 75% of their nine goals." - Tony Gubba
5. "The first ninety minutes of a football match are the most important." - Bobby Robson
6. "Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today." - Steve Lomas
7. "And with 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0." - Ian Dark
8. "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that." - Kevin Keegan
9. "That's football, Mike, Northern Ireland have had several chances and haven't scored but England have had no chances and scored twice." - Trevor Brooking
10. "There are two ways of getting the ball. One is from your own team-mates, and that's the only way." - Terry Venables
11. In the last year, 46 of the 92 managers have lost their jobs ? that?s over half.? - David Pleat
12. ?The possession stats at one point were 77% to 33%.? - Mick Quinn
13. ?Liverpool, with their 4-4-1 formation...? - Jamie Redknapp
14. ?Who?ll win the league? It?s a toss of a coin between three of them.? - Matt le Tissier
15. It was six of a half and one dozen of the other. - Danny Higginbotham
16. It falls to the ageless 35-year-old Frank Lampard. - Jamie Redknapp
17. "That was only a yard away from being an inch-perfect pass." Murdo MacLeod
18. "The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful." Kevin Keagan
19. "The 2,000 away fans will be unhappy. In fact half of them have gone, there's only 500 left." Chris Waddle
20. You need at least eight or nine men in a ten-man wall." - Mark Lawrenson
21. "Ireland will give 99% - everything they?ve got." - Mark Lawrenson (again...)
22. The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23." - Kevin Keegan
23. "One thing about Germany ? they?ll be organised, they?ll be big and they?ll be strong." Ally McCoist
24. "If Glenn Hoddle said one word to his team at half-time, it was concentration and focus." Ron Atkinson
25. "I can count on the fingers of one hand ten games where we've caused our own downfall." Joe Kinnear
We're delighted to announce that we're now working with the Argyle Community Trust, which is...
Historically, women in sport have been perceived as decorative, side-pitch items, whilst their athle...
At last weeks TechPitch 4.5 in London, eight technology leaders of the Sport, Health & Fitness s...
The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is the ultimate destination for active youngsters and adults alike....
We're delighted to unveil that we're now working with the Palace For Life Foundation, the co...
Subscribe to our newsletter for good news, sent out every month.
OpenPlay is a platform to connect sports facilities to their users. We're breaking down barriers to getting more people active.
2021 © All Rights Reserved.