Oakley Road Bromley Greater London BR2 8HP
Looking for free things to do in Ravenswood School and the Bromley area? Below is a selection of paid and free activities in Ravenswood School
The School started life as Beckenham Technical School. It moved to its current site in Oakley Road in January 1958. Lt.-Col. Lord Dudley Gordon inaugurated it on 13th October 1960 as Bromley Technical High School for Boys. The move to Oakley Road allowed it to enjoy larger playing fields and improved facilities.
In 1971 the school changed its name to Ravens Wood School for Boys and became non-selective. In January 1992 it was awarded Grant Maintained Status. In 1994 Ravens Wood became one of the first Specialist Technology Colleges.
Girls were admitted into the Sixth Form in September 1997, and in September 1999 the school’s name changed to Ravens Wood School to reflect this. At the same time the school also changed it category to Foundation status. With a number of schools in Essex and Bromley, it formed SEEVEAZ – South East England Virtual Education Action Zone – the aims of which were to establish schools which are high performing, self-evaluating, effective and efficient, with continuous improvement, utilising technologies for learning, and raising standards for all. This was funded for 5 years and closed in April 2005.